Your Trusted Buffalo, New York, Asbestos Exposure Attorneys
Asbestos, once hailed as a miracle mineral for its fireproof and insulating properties, has a dark side that has left a trail of devastation for decades. The consequences of asbestos exposure are severe and life-altering, causing a range of diseases, some of which can be fatal.
At Feroleto Law, we understand the devastating impact that asbestos exposure can have on individuals and their families. Asbestos-related diseases, such as lung cancer and asbestosis, are serious, often life-threatening conditions caused by the inhalation of asbestos fibers. If you or a loved one has been affected by asbestos exposure, we are here to help you seek justice and compensation for your suffering.
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that was widely used in various industries due to its heat-resistant and insulating properties. It was commonly used in construction, shipbuilding, manufacturing, and more. However, it is now known that asbestos exposure can lead to severe health consequences.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease, it’s essential to understand your legal rights. Consulting with our experienced asbestos exposure attorney is the first step in seeking justice for the harm caused by asbestos exposure. Contact Feroleto Law today for a free consultation at 716-854-0700.
The Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
The dangers of asbestos stem from the release of microscopic asbestos fibers into the air when asbestos-containing materials are disturbed. These fibers can then be inhaled or ingested, leading to serious health problems. Exposure to asbestos fibers can occur in several ways:
- Occupational Exposure: Workers in industries like construction, mining, and manufacturing are at risk of inhaling asbestos fibers during their job duties.
- Secondary Exposure: Family members of workers in high-risk industries can also be exposed to asbestos when workers bring home asbestos fibers on their clothing.
- Environmental Exposure: Asbestos-containing materials in homes and buildings can deteriorate over time, releasing fibers into the air.
Asbestos exposure most often occurs among construction and facility workers. As a result, victims have to consider hiring an attorney who is not only knowledgeable in the field of personal injury, but also in workers’ compensation law.
Although the use of asbestos has declined significantly in recent years, it is not entirely banned in the United States. There are still potential risks of exposure from older buildings and products containing asbestos. Moreover, workers who were exposed decades ago may only now be experiencing the consequences of that exposure.
Asbestos exposure is linked to various lung diseases, including:
- Lung Cancer: Asbestos exposure is a known cause of lung cancer. Individuals who have been exposed to asbestos and smoke cigarettes have a significantly higher risk of developing lung cancer. Our legal team represents lung cancer victims who are seeking compensation for their suffering.
- Asbestosis: Asbestosis is a chronic lung disease caused by the scarring of lung tissue due to asbestos fibers. This condition can lead to breathing difficulties and reduced lung function. We have a strong track record of helping individuals with asbestosis secure the compensation they deserve.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a rare but aggressive form of cancer that primarily affects the lining of the lungs, abdomen, or heart. It is almost exclusively caused by asbestos exposure and has a poor prognosis.
- Other Respiratory Diseases: Exposure to asbestos can also result in non-malignant respiratory diseases, including pleural plaques, pleural effusions, and pleuritis.
Each form of illness caused by asbestos exposure is distinct and carries its own set of consequences. It is important to consult with an attorney to prove your asbestos-related disease and fight for compensation.
Symptoms of Asbestos Exposure
- Shortness of breath, especially during physical activity
- Persistent, dry cough
- Chest tightness or pain
- Clubbing of fingers (enlarged fingertips with curved nails)
- Persistent cough or changes in chronic cough
- Chest pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Difficulty swallowing
- Coughing up blood
- Shortness of breath
- Chest or abdominal pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Persistent cough
- Fluid buildup in the chest or abdomen
- Bowel or digestive problems
It’s essential to remember that these symptoms can be indicative of various other health issues as well, and the presence of these symptoms does not necessarily confirm asbestos-related diseases. If you suspect asbestos exposure, or your health care provider has confirmed your diagnosis, contact an experienced asbestos-exposure attorney to investigate your avenues for compensation.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with lung cancer or asbestosis due to asbestos exposure, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our experienced Buffalo asbestos exposure attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the rights of victims and holding responsible parties accountable.
To win a lawsuit, victims must prove when, where, and how they were exposed to asbestos. To do this, you will need an experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you and ensure that you will get any compensation you and your family deserve. This can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages (past and future earnings)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship (for wrongful death suits).
If you live or work in the Niagara or Buffalo, New York, areas and have experienced asbestos exposure resulting in asbestosis or lung cancer, contact our asbestos exposure lawyer today to schedule a complimentary case evaluation. If we do not get compensation for you, you pay us no fee.
Why Choose Feroleto Law?
Feroleto Law has deep knowledge of New York asbestos laws and regulations. Choose Feroleto Law because we offer:
- Proven Results: Our attorneys have a strong track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients.
- Compassionate Support: We understand the emotional toll these diseases can take, and we offer compassionate, personalized legal assistance.
- Free Consultation: We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and provide guidance on the best course of action.
We put our clients at the forefront of everything we do. When you choose Feroleto Law, you’re not just hiring an attorney — you’re gaining a committed partner. Our personalized, client-centric approach means that we take the time to understand your unique situation, needs, and goals. Your success is our priority. From the moment you consult with us to the resolution of your case, we offer comprehensive support. Our commitment extends beyond the courtroom, providing guidance, support, and advocacy throughout the entire legal process.
Contact Our Buffalo Asbestos Exposure Attorneys Today
Don’t suffer in silence. If you or a loved one has been affected by asbestos exposure, our legal team is here to help. We are committed to seeking justice on your behalf and ensuring that responsible parties are held accountable for your suffering.
The asbestos exposure attorneys at Feroleto Law operate using a no-fee guarantee, meaning that you don’t pay us unless we win your case. Call today at 716-854-0700 for a strictly confidential consultation.
Attorney John Feroleto
Attorney John Feroleto understands the value of hard work. He is known in the community and by his peers for his willingness to work and go the extra mile. Other lawyers often ask John to handle their trial matters to maximize clients’ recovery. Trial lawyers know who the best trial lawyers are. He was also named Trial Attorney of the Year in 2012 by the Western New York Affiliate of New York State Trial Lawyers Association. [ Attorney Bio ]