Rely on the Buffalo Nursing Home Fall Attorneys at Feroleto Law to Represent You
Many of us want to take care of our loved ones in the comfort of our own homes, but eventually, there may come a point when we are no longer able to do so. Perhaps your loved one has complicated medical problems that you can no longer manage, or maybe your schedule does not allow you to do so.
If your loved one enters a nursing home, you expect it to provide your loved one with the same care and compassion that you do. When it does not, a serious fall accident could result, and it may lead to serious injuries.
At Feroleto Law, a nursing home fall and fracture lawyer from our team can provide you with quality legal representation and make sure that your rights, as well as the rights of your loved one, are vigorously defended. Learn more about what you should do following a nursing home fall, and reach out to us for a case consultation.
Contact us today at (716) 854-0700 to schedule your free case consultation!
What to Do after a Nursing Home Fall
Work with a Nursing Home Fall Lawyer in Buffalo
If you or your loved one has suffered a fall in a nursing home, we understand that you may have a lot of thoughts going through your head. After taking a moment to collect yourself, the most important steps for you to take should include these.
1. Report the Accident
First, you need to report the accident to the nursing home. This is important because there may be a significant hazard that has to be addressed, and you do not want anyone else to get hurt. Reporting the accident will also create a paper trail that shows there was a significant hazard and that you made an effort to report it to the nursing home.
If you have suffered a serious injury, you may need to call 911. Your health always has to come first, and if that means you need to take a trip to the hospital for appropriate treatment, you need to call 911 and ask for someone to come and help you.
2. Gather as Much Evidence as Possible
If you feel like you can do so safely, you should gather as much evidence as possible. For example, you may want to use your phone to take pictures of everything that happened. If there were any witnesses to your fall try to get their names. If there was a significant hazard, such as a trip hazard or a wet spot on the floor, use your phone to take a picture.
If you know that other people have suffered a fall in that area as well, you may want to see what they have to say. Perhaps you have emails and text messages that you have sent about the issue in the past, or you might want to get the contact information of anyone else who may have seen the accident. If the fall was due to failure to comply with you or your loved one’s care plan that is also important to note as well. It should be reported to the head nurse and nursing home administration also.
3. See a Doctor to Get Your Injuries Treated
You need to make sure that you get your injuries treated appropriately. The nursing home may have medical staff that can attend to you, but you always need to see someone outside the nursing home as well. For example, you may want to visit the emergency room to ensure you receive appropriate treatment, or you may want to schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor.
Once you have completed your medical visit, you need to ask for a copy of your medical records. You may need them if you decide to pursue an injury claim down the road.
4. Call Our Nursing Home Fall Attorneys for a Case Consultation
Once you have seen a doctor and received appropriate care, you need to reach out to our nursing home fall lawyers for an initial case consultation. We can review your case to see if you are entitled to compensation. If the accident was not your fault, you should not be responsible for the financial ramifications of it, and we may be able to file a nursing home abuse or fall claim on your behalf.
Rely on our attorneys to provide you with the quality legal representation that you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
We understand that you have choices if you are looking for a Buffalo nursing home lawyer to represent you or your loved one. We are the best option to take your case for several reasons.
- Expertise: Nursing home fall lawsuits require a tremendous amount of specialized experience. Not every lawyer can handle nursing home abuse cases, but we have the experience necessary to represent you as well.
- Prior Results: We also have a long track record of successful case results for our previous clients. We invite you to take a look at our case results to see what we have done in the past. We may be able to do the same for you.
- Positive Reviews: Attorney John Feroleto and our entire legal team has a large number of positive reviews and ratings from our previous clients. We try to be as open and transparent with you as possible to ensure you know exactly what to expect. Our positive reviews serve as a testament to the quality of the legal representation that we provide.
- Compassion: We know that you are in a stressful situation, and we will provide you with the care and compassion that you deserve. We have already represented countless clients in the local area, and we will be with you every step of the way, supporting you as best we can.
These are a few of the many reasons why you should partner with our team if you are looking for someone who can help you following a fall in a nursing home.
Call us today at (716) 854-0700 to schedule your free case consultation with our team!
How We Can Help You
There are several ways that a lawyer from our team can help you following an incident in a nursing home.
- We can interview witnesses and subpoena documents related to the incident. That way, we ensure we have as much information as possible to support your case.
- We can also file discovery motions to ask for more information about the nursing home to see if there were any issues that may have been overlooked.
- If an insurance company reaches out to you to offer a settlement, we can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- We can also negotiate with the lawyers who represent the nursing home to ensure your voice is heard.
- We can interview expert witnesses who may be able to recreate what happened. We can also interview medical doctors who may be able to speak to the severity of the injuries you have sustained.
- If we feel you are not offered a favorable settlement, we may be able to take your case to trial as well.
Our top priority is to act in your best interests, so do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have suffered an injury.
We will always answer your questions before moving forward, and some of the most common questions people ask us include these.
What Types of Injuries Might Someone Suffer in a Nursing Home Fall?
People suffer all types of injuries in a fall in a nursing home, but some of the most common examples include brain injuries, back injuries, and bone fractures.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in NY?
You have 3 years to file a personal injury lawsuit in New York, so be sure to reach out to us for a case consultation as soon as possible, as there are shortened statutes of limitations for claims for medical malpractice if the fall may have been caused by something like a medication error or improper care plan.
What Types of Damages Can Be Compensated in a Nursing Home Lawsuit?
Every case is different, but we might be able to pursue compensation for current medical expenses, future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and punitive damages.
Do I Really Need to Hire a Lawyer?
You should always hire a lawyer to make sure your rights are protected. You might feel the facts are on your side, and you might feel like you can negotiate with the insurance company on your own, but only a lawyer understands how much your case is truly worth.
Contact Feroleto Law for a Buffalo Nursing Home Fall Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a fall in a nursing home, you need to seek medical care as quickly as possible. Then reach out to us to schedule a free case consultation.
At Feroleto Law, we have an unparalleled level of experience in this area, and our aggressive lawyers will vigorously defend your rights and tirelessly advocate for your needs. Let us handle the legal issues while you focus on your medical recovery.
Schedule your free case consultation today by calling (716) 854-0700!
Attorney John Feroleto
Attorney John Feroleto understands the value of hard work. He is known in the community and by his peers for his willingness to work and go the extra mile. Other lawyers often ask John to handle their trial matters to maximize clients’ recovery. Trial lawyers know who the best trial lawyers are. He was also named Trial Attorney of the Year in 2012 by the Western New York Affiliate of New York State Trial Lawyers Association. [ Attorney Bio ]