Experienced Buffalo Boating Accident Lawyers
Navigating a boat accident can be distressing, laden with the potential to inflict grave and even life-changing injuries. Such incidents include severe injuries ranging from fractures, damage to soft tissues, and severe burns to amputations, spinal injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. Pursuing rightful compensation from big companies or insurance companies after a boating accident can be hard and take time.
If you are hurt in a boat crash in Buffalo, New York, due to someone’s else negligence, you can get compensation for your pain and suffering. Feroleto Buffalo boating accident lawyers are prepared to support you in holding those responsible for the accident and your injuries accountable and getting the compensation you deserve.
Boating injuries can have long-lasting effects. Let our team of boating accident lawyers handle your boating accident lawsuit. We want to give you more time to focus on your recovery. Call us at 715-854-0700 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Feroleto Law to Help After a Boat Accident?
Being in a boat accident can have significant and lasting impacts on your life. In the event of severe injuries resulting from the accident, seeking compensation to cover the various costs and damages associated with your injury may become necessary.
A boat accident lawyer in Buffalo can provide valuable assistance in pursuing a legal claim. Feroleto Law is a reputable and compassionate legal firm with nearly 40 years of handling boat accident lawsuits and cases. Here are reasons to choose us.
- Expertise in Maritime Law: We understand maritime law and its intricate nuances. Boating accidents often involve a unique set of legal principles and regulations that require specialized knowledge. Our boating accident attorneys in Buffalo are well-versed in maritime law’s complexities and have successfully represented numerous clients in boat accident cases.
- Experience with Boat Accident Cases: With nearly 40 years of handling boat accident cases, we have a wealth of experience advocating for boating accident victims. This experience enables us to anticipate challenges, build compelling cases, and negotiate effectively with insurance companies.
- Comprehensive Investigation: We are dedicated to conducting thorough investigations into the circumstances surrounding boat accidents. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, consulting experts, and reconstructing the events leading up to the accident.
- Compassionate Support: Recovering from a boat accident can be physically and emotionally taxing. We focus on the legal aspects and provide compassionate support during your recovery.
- Negotiation and Litigation Skills: Whether through negotiation or litigation, we are adept at pursuing just compensation for boat accident victims. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators, aiming to settle cases efficiently while protecting our client’s rights. In cases where litigation becomes necessary, we are well-prepared to advocate vigorously in court.
Call Feroleto Law at 716-854-0700 today for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents
Accidents happen when the person entrusted with responsible vehicle operation acts negligently or recklessly. Their failure to adhere to proper behavior increases the likelihood of an accident. This negligence establishes their liability for injuries sustained by others if their actions result in an accident.
Data from New York State Parks, 2020, states that 240 incidents across the state involved recreational boats and watercraft. This figure is derived from the total pool of 433,457 registered vessels. Within these accidents, 127 instances led to injuries, and sadly, there were 31 recorded fatalities.
Here are some common causes of boating accidents.
- Operating a boat while intoxicated
- Excessive speeding
- Hitting a wave/wake at high speed
- Operator inattention and distraction
- Collision with another watercraft
- Failing to maintain a proper lookout
- Exceeding safe occupant capacity for the watercraft
- Violating the Navigational Rules
- Boating in poor weather or dangerous waters
- Hitting an object or person with the propeller
- Improperly loading cargo
- Operating a vessel without the proper qualifications
- Defective vessel design or manufacture or defective marine parts.
- Improperly maintaining the boat.
If the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith, we will take your boat accident case to trial. We will always have your best interests at heart.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Boat Accident?
Responsibility for a boat accident can lie with one or multiple parties, contingent upon the specifics of the incident. Those who could be deemed liable to compensate you for injuries and damages stemming from a Buffalo boat accident include:
- Boat Operator: The person operating the boat is responsible for adhering to boating regulations, including maintaining safe speed and vigilance, avoiding collisions, and ensuring passenger safety. If the boat operator breaches this obligation and such breach results in an accident, injuries, or wrongful death, they may be liable.
- Boat Owner: If the boat is owned by a business other than the operator, such as a rental agency or private owner, they might also be accountable for the accident if they were negligent in boat upkeep or ensuring the operator’s proper training and licensing. For instance, if a rental company rents a boat to an inadequately trained operator, resulting in an accident, the rental company could face liability.
- Passenger: Occasionally, a passenger aboard a boat could be held responsible for a boating accident if their conduct contributes to the accident. For instance, if a passenger distracts the boat operator or encourages hazardous behavior, resulting in an accident, the passenger could be held liable.
- Manufacturer: If a boat or its parts are found to be defective, causing an accident, the manufacturer might bear liability for injuries and damages.
- Other Boaters: In some cases, fellow boaters or watercraft operators may be deemed responsible for a boating accident if their negligence directly leads to the incident.
Buffalo Boating Accident Lawyer FAQs
What should I do immediately after a Buffalo, New York, boating accident?
After ensuring your safety and the safety of others, you should report the accident to the appropriate authorities. Get medical attention for injuries, exchange contact and insurance information with other parties, and gather evidence, including photos and witness statements.
How long do I have to file a legal claim after a boating accident?
The statute of limitations in New York for filing a personal injury claim after a boating accident is three years from the date of the accident. It’s crucial to consult with an attorney to understand your specific situation and deadlines.
Should I speak with an insurance company after a boating accident?
It’s advisable to consult with an attorney before communicating with any insurance company. Insurance adjusters may attempt to settle for less than you deserve. Feroleto Law can help protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Can I pursue compensation for my injuries and damages after a boating accident?
Yes, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and other losses resulting from the boating accident. Feroleto boating accident lawyers can help you determine the viability of your claim.
Contact Our Experienced Buffalo Boat Accident Lawyer Today!
Boating accidents carry severe consequences, often resulting in substantial property damage, personal injuries, and even death. If you are in a boating accident, seeking guidance from a skilled Buffalo boat accident attorney is important. At Feroleto Law, we have the expertise and experience required to navigate intricate boating accident cases and pursue rightful compensation for our clients.
Our team understands the intricacies of maritime law and the distinct challenges inherent to boating accident lawsuits. With unwavering dedication, we will investigate the cause of the accident, identify responsible parties, and vigorously pursue compensation for our clients.
We only charge legal fees if your case is settled out of court or won. Contact us at 716-854-0700 for a free consultation.
Attorney John Feroleto
Attorney John Feroleto understands the value of hard work. He is known in the community and by his peers for his willingness to work and go the extra mile. Other lawyers often ask John to handle their trial matters to maximize clients’ recovery. Trial lawyers know who the best trial lawyers are. He was also named Trial Attorney of the Year in 2012 by the Western New York Affiliate of New York State Trial Lawyers Association. [ Attorney Bio ]