Injuries on bicycles are all too common. Some motorists do not share the road. Many drivers do not realize that they must yield to bicycles the same way they do to other motor vehicles.
Many bicycle accidents occur because drivers don’t see bicyclists. Other accidents occur because drivers don’t give bicyclists necessary room.
A car driver’s failure to keep a proper lookout causing a bicycle accident is negligence on the part of the driver. Unfortunately, because a bicyclist does not have the bubble of protection a car’s passenger compartment provides, bicyclists are often seriously injured or sometimes even killed due to reckless drivers.
Common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Motorist not properly sharing the road
- Drivers that do not obey traffic signals
- Drivers that fail to yield the right of way
- The failure of drivers to treat bicycles as they would other vehicles
- Motorists that text while driving
- Excessive speed of drivers passing bicycles
We understand your recovery is most important and know how to help get you back to where you were before your accident and injuries. Call the bicycle accident attorneys at Feroleto Law today. We can help you establish your case, secure no-fault medical benefits and lost wages while you recover until you are back on your bike. Call us today at (716) 854-0700 or email us.