Slip and fall accidents are common. If you are the victim of one, you know they can result in serious injuries. The necessary medical treatment and inability to work can impact your financial position, both current and future. If your accident was the result of another person or organization’s negligent actions or inactions, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
Should you find yourself in a position like this, the advice and counsel of a slip and fall attorney is incredibly valuable. This professional can help determine if indeed negligence was involved and manage the legal process on your behalf.
In Buffalo, home and business owners are responsible for keeping their properties in reasonably safe condition. When they don’t, and injuries occur, they can be held liable.
The Feroleto Law slip and fall attorneys in Buffalo are well-versed in personal injury law. We know what it takes to prove negligence in difficult slip and fall lawsuits. Contact us today at 716-854-0700 to schedule a consultation.
How We Can Help With Your Slip and Fall Accident Case
Leave Everything to Us!
Slip and fall accidents are physically painful and emotionally draining. As a victim, you certainly have your hands full. Managing your medical care and rehabilitation can be a full-time endeavor. Couple it with determining how you will financially weather this unexpected storm and caring for your family and you barely have enough time to breathe. Even the thought of filing a lawsuit can overwhelm you.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Buffalo or the surrounding area, the Feroleto slip and fall lawyers can help. We know you have a lot on your plate. Our firm can manage the entire legal process on your behalf. We will:
- Conduct All Relevant Investigations: Gathering evidence to support your injury claim is critical to its success, but it is incredibly time-consuming. We will collect evidence which may include photos of the scene, surveillance videos (if available), copies of the accident report, witness statements, and past safety records (if applicable).
- Create, Complete, and File all Legal Forms: Slip and fall cases require mountains of paperwork. Our team will complete all appropriate forms, draft documentation and submit everything in a timely fashion, ensuring we adhere to the New York state statute of limitations.
- Communicate on Your Behalf: When a slip and fall accident results in injuries, it is almost without fail that your phone will begin to ring constantly. Insurance companies, physicians’ offices, and opposing counsel all want to speak with you. The last thing you need is to spend hours on the phone. And, you certainly don’t want to accidentally say something that will hurt your case. As such, you should refer all calls (and written communication) directly to us. Simply share our phone number or pass along any messages.
- Determine an Appropriate Settlement: In order to be appropriately compensated, you must have an accurate understanding of your damages. While some are simple to compute (medical bills and missed time at work have concrete economic values), other costs can be more complicated. Perhaps your injury will require long-term care or special accommodations; maybe you will be unable to return to work in the same capacity — we can help quantify these expenses. And, don’t forget the true intangibles like pain and suffering; dollar figures can be associated with them as well. Our team will determine the entirety of your damages, calling in experts as needed. You don’t want to omit something and end up having to absorb that cost personally.
- Negotiate and Litigate on Your Behalf: Insurance negotiations, when handled by the injured, can be stressful and emotional. And, because you don’t have a legal background, you may not understand what you are entitled to. We do. Let our slip and fall lawyers negotiate on your behalf. We know what you need and will fight tirelessly for you. If we cannot reach an appropriate settlement, we will not hesitate to go to court. We are aggressive litigators with your best interests at heart.
Clearly, the value of our service is considerable. We handle everything so you can focus 100% of your attention on your recovery. Your health, your family, and your future should be your priority. We can maximize your recovery and have a proven record of success. Contact us today at 716-854-0700.
Why Feroleto Law?
Because Experience Matters
In life, experience matters. When you engage professionals for any reason, you want to know that they have handled similar work, successfully, in the past. Choosing a firm to represent you in a slip and fall accident case is no different.
You want to be assured that the law firm with which you work is experienced at handling slip and fall cases in Buffalo, has a client-focused service approach, and boasts a proven record of success. This is Feroleto Law. Consider our:
Experience Handling Slip and Fall Cases: Led by John Feroleto, Feroleto Law has been the firm of choice for individuals injured in slip and fall accidents in the Buffalo area for nearly 40 years. Our attorneys are well-versed in New York personal injury law. Not only do we understand the nuances necessary to prove negligence under the law, but we are also familiar with how the local courts, insurance companies, and opposing counsel operate.
You may have had a fall at a supermarket, drugstore, restaurant, mall, fall in a parking lot. There are many dangerous conditions which cause falls, such as built-up ice, broken and crumbly sidewalks and stairs, lack of handrails, improper and uneven steps, deficient lighting. We will look at the evidence, and the safety rules that may be violated to help show you have a strong case.
Client-Focused Approach: We are committed to serving our community and strongly believe that people and organizations should be held responsible when their actions or inaction cause injury to others. One hallmark of our practice is the personal attention we provide to each client. While gaining a complete understanding of the incident in which you were injured is critical, just as important is getting to know you and your family.
Proving the impact of the accident on your life plays an integral role in getting you the settlement you deserve.
Proven Record of Success: Nothing speaks more strongly to our capabilities than the fact that so many of our clients are referrals from those we have helped and requests from other attorneys for trial assistance. Our goal is to maximize settlements for our clients, and we have been incredibly successful in the past.
Our team’s capabilities make us uniquely qualified to serve you after a slip and fall accident. And, we have a “no-fee guarantee.” This means that if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us anything. (Disbursements may or may not be waived, based on the fee charged, per NY State regulations). In Buffalo, we are the firm of choice for personal injury cases, and we are ready to go to work for you immediately.
Slip and Fall Accidents Happen All of the Time
Slip and Fall Lawyers in Buffalo Discuss the Most Common Causes
If you have fallen and injured yourself, don’t be embarrassed. These types of accidents happen all of the time. And, before you chalk the incident up to clumsiness, you may want to contact an attorney. You see, accidents like this can be caused by a host of things, many of which could, and should, have been avoided. These include, but are not limited to:
- Wet or slippery floors from spills and leaks
- Uneven and broken sidewalks
- Torn carpet, uneven flooring, and unsecured floor mats
- Untreated ice and accumulated snow
- Poor lighting (both indoors and out)
- Missing or broken handrails on stairways or inclines
- Safety and building code violations
- Loose electrical wiring, cables, and cords.
Individuals are responsible for the condition of their property. Should their negligence, or that of their employees, cause you to be injured, they could be held liable. If these conditions exist because of the negligence of the property owner or manager, and you are injured, you may be able to file a slip and fall lawsuit and collect damages. The attorneys at our slip and fall law firm can review the facts surrounding your situation and help you determine if you may be entitled to a settlement.
Slip and Fall Accidents Result in a Host of Injuries
When anyone falls, the potential for getting hurt exists. Sometimes, the resulting injuries are minor, while other times they are much more serious. That said, even minor injuries can result in the need for costly medical care and can impact your life considerably. Anyone who has been injured in a slip and fall accident should consult with an attorney — they deserve justice.
Among the most common injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents are:
- Cuts and bruises
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Injuries to the neck and back
- Spinal injuries.
Our slip and fall accident attorney can review your case and help you get compensated for your injuries if they were caused by another’s negligence.
Slip and Fall Damages in Buffalo, New York
The costs that you incur if you have been injured in a slip and fall accident can be considerable. In Buffalo, NY, slip and fall cases fall under personal injury law. If another person or organization is found to have been negligent, and their actions or inactions resulted in your injuries, you may be compensated for economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages can include:
- Medical expenses (including emergency room visits and transport, doctors’ visits, tests, hospital stays, rehabilitation, medication, and even modifications to your home, if necessary)
- Past, current, and future lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity.
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify but are very real. They include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Decreased quality of life.
Our sip and fall injury attorneys can help quantify, document and prove the entirety of your losses, a critical step in helping you get the settlement you need and deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Accident Cases
Our Buffalo Attorneys Address Your Most Pressing Concerns
While each slip and fall case is unique, one commonality is that the injured and their families have many questions. This is not surprising; the legal process is confusing, and you are dealing with a lot! Below we have shared questions that are routinely asked of us, along with our responses.
How long do I have to file a slip and fall lawsuit?
According to CPLR § 214, you have three years from the date of the accident to file your slip and fall lawsuit against a private company or individual. That said, there are some exceptions to this statute of limitations. Your slip and fall lawyer can explain these to you.
I was partially at fault for my slip and fall accident; can I still collect damages?
Yes, you can. New York state has comparative negligence laws (CPLR (CVP) § 1411) in place. This means that if you were partially responsible for your accident, you may still be able to collect damages. Speak with your Buffalo slip and fall attorney to determine how this may apply to your experience.
I have been contacted by the insurance company offering a slip and fall settlement. What should I do?
Immediately refer the insurance company representative to your slip and fall law firm. Do not speak with them or accept any offers they make. The insurance company’s goal is to get you to settle for as little as possible. Let your attorney communicate on your behalf.
Will I need to testify in court about my slip and fall accident?
Our goal is to always settle our clients’ cases. But if we cannot come to an agreement on reasonable compensation, we will not hesitate to litigate. In these circumstances you likely will need to testify — you are your own best witness. Our slip and fall lawyers will prepare you for this, ensuring there will be no surprises.
How much do you charge to represent me in my slip and fall case?
At Feroleto Law, we are proud to offer a no legal fee guarantee. This means that unless we win your case, you do not owe us any compensation. (Disbursements may or may not be waived, based on the fee charged, per NY State regulations) Our Buffalo slip and fall attorney will explain this to you when we meet.
We hope this information proves valuable to you. But, we know you likely have many more concerns. Reach out to us today at 716-854-0700 to schedule a free consultation. Once we learn more about what happened to you, we can offer more specific answers to your questions.
Feroleto Law Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys
Pursuing Justice for You
Accidents happen; they are a part of life. But when someone is injured due to the negligence of another, they deserve to be compensated. Our Buffalo slip and fall attorneys hold this belief close to our hearts, and we work tirelessly to help our clients get the settlements they need and deserve.
Injuries come with significant costs, both physical and emotional. Our team works closely with our clients, managing the entire legal process on their behalf. They understand and appreciate the stress that comes along with an accident and are committed to mitigating as much of it as possible.
They keep their clients apprised of the status of their claims and cases and are always available to answer questions. We have a reputation for providing the perfect service balance: we offer caring communication with our clients but negotiate and litigate aggressively.
We are passionate about achieving justice and are ready to go to work on your behalf.
If you have been in an accident and believe it was the result of negligence, contact us immediately. When we take a case, we assume our client’s goals as our own and dedicate ourselves to a positive outcome. Contact us today at 716-854-0700 to schedule a consultation with our slip and fall injury attorneys.
Attorney John Feroleto
Attorney John Feroleto understands the value of hard work. He is known in the community and by his peers for his willingness to work and go the extra mile. Other lawyers often ask John to handle their trial matters to maximize clients’ recovery. Trial lawyers know who the best trial lawyers are. He was also named Trial Attorney of the Year in 2012 by the Western New York Affiliate of New York State Trial Lawyers Association. [ Attorney Bio ]