If you have been involved in an auto accident in the Niagara or Buffalo, New York area you know how difficult it can be to deal with the insurance companies. They will often:
- Try to downplay your claims
- Ask to you sign documents that prohibit you from filing future lawsuits to collect what you are entitled to, or
- Take an exorbitantly long time to reimburse you for claim money you are owed.
In truth, the insurance companies don’t want you to know your rights or understand your car insurance policy, because it makes you much easier to take advantage of. For this reason, it is crucial that you educate yourself on how to deal with insurance companies and hire an auto accident lawyer to help you if the insurance company is breaking the law. By learning what the insurance companies don’t want you to know, you can avoid many common pitfalls.
What Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know
- The law requires them to act in good faith when interpreting the terms of your policy. If the insurance policy is vague or worded poorly, it has to be interpreted in your favor.
- There are statutes of limitation that can prevent you from filing a claim if you take too long to do so. It’s always a good idea to file claims right away following a car accident.
- Your chances of collecting the maximum amount available for your claim increases if you provide evidence (like pictures or witness accounts) to the insurance company at the time of your car accident claim.
- Many insurance companies will stall as long as they can before paying out your claim because that money is generating them interest. If you think this is happening to you, you should contact the auto accident lawyers of Feroleto Law. If your car insurance company acts in an oppressive or fraudulent manner, you can file a lawsuit against them and sue for punitive damages. This would be in addition to any lawsuit you might file against negligent parties in the accident.
- It is illegal for your car insurance company to try to eliminate your coverage after you’ve filed a claim.
- Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer to represent you will increase your chances of getting the highest possible claim and settlement amount.
Serving Buffalo, New York
What are the common causes of industrial accidents?
If you rent or own a home in Buffalo, New York, chances are you pay an insurance company a monthly premium to cover any unforeseen property damage, loss or theft. But if you’re like most people, you probably don’t understand how your policy really works or what exact coverage you’re entitled to – and that’s exactly how most insurance companies want to keep it.
Insurance companies don’t want you to know anything about the inner workings of their business because they make their money from interest on investments; not by paying your insurance claims. For this reason, the best way to deal with an insurance company is to become educated about your rights and force them to abide by the law.
Hiring an attorney to represent you in an insurance claims case will increase your chances of getting the best settlement.
If you are having difficulty dealing with an insurance company for any reason, you should contact our office today. Our industrial accident attorneys have successfully represented clients like you in Buffalo, New York for many years. We’ll stand up for your rights and get you the damages you deserve. No recovery, no fee.
If you suspect your insurance company is breaking the law or isn’t giving your claim the attention it deserves, contact Feroleto Law today. Our auto accident lawyer will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
We work on a contingency basis, so call us today to schedule a free consultation at our Buffalo, New York office.
Attorney John Feroleto
Attorney John Feroleto understands the value of hard work. He is known in the community and by his peers for his willingness to work and go the extra mile. Other lawyers often ask John to handle their trial matters to maximize clients’ recovery. Trial lawyers know who the best trial lawyers are. He was also named Trial Attorney of the Year in 2012 by the Western New York Affiliate of New York State Trial Lawyers Association. [ Attorney Bio ]