Vehicles such as cars, trucks, SUVs, buses, ATVs, lawn mowers and tractors may be dangerous products if defective by design or error in the manufacture of the vehicle or a component part.
An example of a vehicular design defect is when a roof collapses because a particular vehicle does not have support to protect the occupant in a roll-over causing terrible injury or death.
An example of a dangerous product due to a manufacturing defect is where a manufacturer uses contaminated metal to make a part and the part fails due to the defect. For example, if a tie-rod or other steering part broke due to metal with impurities in it or made to the wrong specification, this would be a manufacturing defect. In such cases, we may have the part examined by a metallurgist who can identify the cause of failure.
Defects in cars, trucks, SUVs, buses and other vehicles include:
- Airbags – airbag inflicted injury, spontaneous deployment, non-deployment
- Automotive glass, lack of laminated glass
- Child restraints
- Electronic stability control
- Fuel system – post collision fuel fed fires
- Rollover – dangerous center of gravity and stability
- Roof crush
- Seat belt failures
- Seat design – seat back failure, seat track failure
- Tires – separation of treads, tires and rim mis-match is not uncommon
If possible, secure the vehicle after the crash or incident. If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective or unreasonably dangerous vehicle call the attorneys at Feroleto Law as soon as possible at (716) 854-0700, or contact us today.