Getting to causes which contribute to a truck crash is important. It is important not just to prove who was at fault. It may also affect the settlement or verdict at trial.
Many injury lawyers make the mistake of not hiring an expert or hiring an expert too late. Hiring the right experts soon after the crash helps build the strongest case possible. You may need an expert in one or more of the areas:
- Accident reconstruction.
- Forensic engineering.
- Truck driver skills and minimum standards.
- Analysis of data from black boxes, satellite tracking systems, ECMs.
- Compliance with FMCSA safety regulations.
- Truck driver log compliance.
- Metallurgic engineering.
- Failure analysis.
- Design of trucks and trailers.
- Loading dock procedures and dangers.
- Manufacturers or modifiers of trucks and trailers.
- Load securement procedures.
- Truck mechanics.
- Truck driver fatigue.
- Speed analysis.
- Driver training and qualification.
- Truck conspicuity
- Tire failure analysis.
- Wheel loss analysis.
- Other experts depending on the facts of your specific truck accident.
John Feroleto knows truck cases. He was elected to head the national Interstate Truck Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice and is a past chair of the group. If you have a question on a New York truck accident you can complete our contact form or call (716) 854-0700.