The Consumer Product Safety Commission is suing “Zen Magnets” because children continue to suffer injuries after swallowing magnets. This lawsuit was initiated after the company refused a voluntary recall.
These magnet sets contain over a thousand small, round magnets. If more than one magnet is swallowed they can attach to each other through intestinal walls or other internal tissue causing significant and serious injuries or death.
With the large number of magnets per set, it is virtually impossible for parents to account for all magnets. Magnets can be missing from a set without a parent realizing it. These are not only dangerous to children, but to pets as well.
It is this writers opinion that this is yet another example of corporations putting profits over people and simply not caring that their product is dangerous, defective, and this case, potentially deadly. For more information about defective children’s products, please see our website here. Absolutely nothing can compensate a parent for an injury to their child, let alone the death of their child. Corporations must be held accountable for putting dangerous products on the market. You have questions, we have answers. Call us if your child has been injured, we can help.
Attorney John Feroleto
Attorney John Feroleto understands the value of hard work. He is known in the community and by his peers for his willingness to work and go the extra mile. Other lawyers often ask John to handle their trial matters to maximize clients’ recovery. Trial lawyers know who the best trial lawyers are. He was also named Trial Attorney of the Year in 2012 by the Western New York Affiliate of New York State Trial Lawyers Association. [ Attorney Bio ]