New York Truck Accident Resource Center
The New York Truck Accident Resource Center was created by the truck accident lawyers at Feroleto Law. We have extensive experience specific to Truck Accident Cases.
- To better inform those involved in truck accidents and provide information useful before accidents occur we provide the following resources.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TRUCK ACCIDENTS.
The information in this section relates to mostly commercial trucks, defined as having a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of more than 10,000 pounds. The drivers of these trucks are governed by specific safety regulations.
- There are critical differences between car accidents and truck accidents. Additional and different safety rules apply to trucking companies and truck drivers involved in a truck accident.
- If you have been involved in a truck accident and would like more information look at our page what to do after you’ve been in a truck accident.
FIND A LAWYER FOR YOUR TRUCK ACCIDENT CASE
The lawyers at Feroleto Law are familiar with tactics some trucking companies use to deny liability. We provide information to help you decide if you need a lawyer and help you choose the right lawyer for your situation so you can recover for your harms and losses.
THANK YOU TO SAFE TRUCK DRIVERS
Most truck drivers follow the law and put safety first. Unfortunately, some truck drivers and trucking companies put profits over people and routinely violate safety laws putting the public.
- Hundreds of companies in New York have unsatisfactory safety ratings.
- Safe truck drivers are often injured or killed due to the recklessness of others.
- Safe drivers are often injured due to defects in the design or maintenance of trucks.
- The truck accident lawyers at newyorktrucklawyer.com provides support for truck drivers injured in collisions, due to improper. maintenance or design of equipment.
SAFETY TIPS FOR DRIVING A CAR NEAR A BIG RIG
Driving near big trucks is dangerous. There are blind spots. A car driver needs to manage space safely near big rigs.
SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS
Specific safety rules and regulations apply to commercial trucks and buses. The truck driver and trucking company must know and abide by the rules. On this page our New York truck accident lawyers provide basic trucking safety laws and regulations such as hours of service, driver requirements, daily required truck inspections, weight and loading limitations.
HELP FOR ATTORNEYS WITH TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
Truck crashes are not the same as big car accidents. Very specific safety regulations apply to trucking accidents.
Key evidence may disappear quickly. Electronically stored evidence may be gone in as little as two weeks. The specific equipment, design or loading of a big rig or tractor trailer may be contributing factors. There are others. Investigation is very different.
To help other attorneys better handle New York Truck Accident cases we provide information specifically related to the handling of a truck accident.
John Feroleto knows truck cases. He was elected to head the national Interstate Truck Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice and is a past chair of the group. If you have a question on a New York truck accident you can complete our contact form or call (716) 854-0700.