How to Deal With Insurance Companies – Part 2
Serving Buffalo, New York
What are the common causes of industrial accidents?
If you rent or own a home in Buffalo, New York, chances are you pay an insurance company a monthly premium to cover any unforeseen property damage, loss or theft. But if you’re like most people, you probably don’t understand how your policy really works or what exact coverage you’re entitled to – and that’s exactly how most insurance companies want to keep it.
Insurance companies don’t want you to know anything about the inner workings of their business because they make their money from interest on investments; not by paying your insurance claims. For this reason, the best way to deal with an insurance company is to become educated about your rights and force them to abide by the law.
What Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know
- They are required by law to act in good faith when interpreting the terms of your policy and payout of your claims. If the policy is worded poorly, or ambiguously it will likely be interpreted in your favor.
- You must file all claims against your insurance company in a timely manner. If you don’t, a statute of limitations can prevent you from ever seeking legal recourse.
- The more evidence you present when filing a claim, the better your chances will be that it is paid out.
- Insurance companies may wait to pay out your claim as long as they can. Until they do, that money is still generating interest. Escalate your claim request if you think this is happening to you.
- If you can prove your insurance company has acted in an oppressive or fraudulent manner, you may have a claim for punitive damages.
- If your insurance company attempts to eliminate your coverage after you’ve filed a claim, it’s violating the law.
Hiring an attorney to represent you in an insurance claims case will increase your chances of getting the best settlement.
If you are having difficulty dealing with an insurance company for any reason, you should contact our office today. Our industrial accident attorneys have successfully represented clients like you in Buffalo, New York for many years. We’ll stand up for your rights and get you the damages you deserve. No recovery, no fee.